The use of hard porcelain tiles is becoming increasingly common; normally this type of tile is exceedingly difficult to drill. These bits developed by Armeg of Sheffield have a carefully designed tip geometry and use a specially selected grade of tungsten carbide for the cutting tip, diamond lapped to give the optimum performance. Ensure a constant supply of cold water directly to the tip and run at a speed of 700 to 900rpm, rotary only.
- No more time wasted trying to drill fixing holes into porcelain tiles
- The PTC drill bit range from Armeg is the solution to this difficult application
- Will drill through Class 5 tiles (PEI) and most domestic and industrial wall and floor tiles
- Will also drill through a wide range of hard to penetrate materials such as granite, marble and ceramics
- Specifically designed tip profile reduces wander and slip at start of drilling
- Patent pending combination of P100 carbide and uniquely ground tip geometry enables the product to penetrate the hardest of materials efficiently and repeatedly
- SELF RENEWING TIP GEOMETRY When the product life is exhausted in porcelain, the PTC bit can still be used in softer grade materials