Premium saw blades use M42 high-speed steel with 8% Cobalt which has been welded to a spring steel alloy backing. This results in a material that has a far greater resistance to heat and abrasion, allowing improved cutting performance in those materials that might have proved troublesome with a 'standard' blade. Many types of material can be cut with ease, all metals including hard steels when the blade is fitted to a slow running metal cutting bandsaw, or all timbers including abrasive timbers such as teak as well as man-made boards like mdf and chipboard when using a higher blade speed on a wood cutting bandsaw. M42 blades are so resilient that reclaimed timber presents no difficulties, as the blade will slice easily through the odd nail buried under the surface. N.B. Due to the possibility of stress fracture we do not recommend the use of these blades on wood cutting bandsaws with a wheel diameter of less than 12” (305mm). Blades are available in 1/2" x 6-10tpi & 10-14tpi, 3/4" x 4-6tpi & 10-14tpi.
- M42 high speed steel with 8% Cobalt welded to high strength spring steel alloy backing
- Milled teeth ensure long life, fatigue resistant blade with HSS tooth tips.
- High resistance to heat, abrasion, and vibration allows faster cutting rates
- Variable pitch teeth for a wider range of applications
- Reduced sawing harmonics for quieter, reduced vibration cutting
- Long life span of the blade
- Cost per cut ratio is lower due to the much increased life and resistance to damage or fatigue