The Axminster Junior chuck is the first true collet chuck to be produced with woodturners specifically in mind. In this chuck we use our successful ER20 engineering collets which are precision machined to grip evenly along their whole length without marking the work. The chuck is supplied with three collets: 7 to 6mm, 11 to 10mm and 13 to 12mm and there is a range of additional ones available which together give a gripping range from 2mm to 13mm diameter. The collet is tightened by means of a nut which has both a knurled section and spanner flats to give two tightening options and also features an ejection ring for easy release. The Junior chuck has been designed with the miniaturist in mind and its ability to handle long lengths of dowel (in conjunction with a hollow headstock) make it particularly useful for repeat production of small items.
- Produced with woodturners specifically in mind
- The chuck is supplied with three collets: 6-7mm, 10-11mm and 12-13mm
- Gripping range from 2mm to 13mm diameter
- Ability to handle long lengths of dowel with a hollow headstock
- Threaded insert
- Made exclusively by Axminster in Axminster
- Available threads